Net Manager
Network Managing, Engineering and Administration with an eye toward security.

Best practices meets the real world!


Wednesday, February 16, 2005  
Symantec UPX Parsing Engine Heap Overflow

I hope nobody is in the same shape that I'm in. I've been behind in getting Symantec AV 9.0.0 installed and found a break during a conversion to get it rolled out to the clients. For reference it's not required, but I imagine in the future it will be. Then, the day that I'm finishing the last of just under 400 users this comes out: Symantec UPX Parsing Engine Heap Overflow. You guessed it, time to re-roll out a new 9.0.3 version. This time I've got to do every client and every server, reboots included.

This affects almost every product that Symantec produces, so you need to apply the updates. For you corporate customers you need to call a support engineer to get the latest versions.

posted by David | 2/16/2005 05:19:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

links
News Links
Blog Links
archives
contact

PicoSearch

Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Get Firefox

Site Meter

Powered by Blogger