Net Manager
Network Managing, Engineering and Administration with an eye toward security.

Best practices meets the real world!


Wednesday, April 23, 2003  

I posted an article about the Snort IDS upgrade. Definitely worth looking at, but there are some changes that affect the logging. The only thing left (besides the database and system console logging) is the unified logging. I don't see even the XML logging that was in the 1.8/1.9 series. I guess I'm finally going to have to break down and run the unified logging (in addition to my database logging). This means I have to run the barnyard program to generate the files that I can then run through the SnortSnarf program that I like so much. Oh well, change is good right!

posted by David | 4/23/2003 09:01:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

links
News Links
Blog Links
archives
contact

PicoSearch

Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Get Firefox

Site Meter

Powered by Blogger